Easy Crackle allows you to create a cracked, aged appearance for your projects.
Simply apply, allow to dry thoroughly, paint over with any Frenchic range and watch the crackle effect develop in front of your eyes! Fun to use over previously painted surfaces, bare wood, terracotta, plastic or try over one of the metallic Frenchic Frensheens (mixed with Finishing Coat).
The surface beneath determines the colour of the crack and the second, the overall colour of the project, giving your furniture an aged appearance.
Water based, Easy Crackle is UKCA and EN71-3 certified, meaning it is safe to use on children’s toys.
- Water based
- Suitable for interior use
- Suitable for wooden furniture, painted or bare, laminate, plastic, terracotta
- Minimal VOC content
- UKCA and EN71-3 certified safe for use on children’s toys (EN71-3:2013+A3:2019)
- A 250ml tin will provide a coat of up to 3.5 m2
- Ensure surfaces are in suitable condition - clean, dry, free from wax, grease or penetrating substances and in sound condition. If previously painted, remove loose or flaking paint.
- Surface preparation required in addition to the above – clean with Sugar Soap, rinse and dry.
Application and drying
- Stir before each use
- Apply with a good quality brush
- Allow a minimum of 2 hours drying before overpainting
- Avoid applying in damp or cold conditions
- Practicing your technique is recommended. Here is a video demonstration with tips to help you.
Clean up and storage
- Reseal the tin after use. Clean up any spills immediately with water. Wash brushes in warm, soapy water as soon as possible.
- Do not store where the container could be subjected to damp, frost, freezing or high temperatures.